Friday, February 27, 2015

Ungrateful people can't worship God

Well, I was just getting ready to jump into Malachi 1 and talk about worship but I got stopped in the first couple verses.

Malachi 1:2-5 starts the book off with God talking to Israel through the prophet Malachi. God actually has to say, "Haven't I love you?" And sadly, the response of the Israelites is, "How have you loved us?"

Really? Of all the nations in history, this is the only one that God has chosen specifically to be his own people. As the verses point out, he rejected Esau and gave favor to Jacob? I mean, let's be honest, Jacob was no saint. he was a mess just like the rest of us. God could have gone either way but, instead of the Edomites, he chose the Israelites...and they have the nerve to say, "how have you loved us God??"

As we have the nerve to wonder when God will bless us. Or how he has blessed us recently. Or to wonder why he isn't making us feel more happy. Why do I have problems. Why, why, why?

Here's the thing. The God of the universe, stepped out of time to die on a cross for Nate Maxwell....for Pam Maxwell...for Maya Kisanet Joy Maxwell....for each person in the history of forever...but individually. (for those of you who believe in limited atonement, don't get me started!!)

Yet, we are so ungrateful. Now, if you would say (as I would too), "Nate, I don't complain to God that much. I know he blesses me and takes care of me." True. So, do you consistently thank God for as much as possible? For example: your car, the fact that it is running, the fact that the heat is running, the fact that no one ran into you today, the fact that you didn't run into anyone today, the fact that you have a job to go to today, the fact that you have clothes to wear today, the fact that you ate food and wore shoes today, the fact that if you needed something you had cash or a CC to pay for it today, etc.

See, we are ungrateful....or at least, we are not nearly grateful enough! 1 Cor 10:31, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do ALL to the glory of God. Where is God's glory when we don't say thank you??

Glorify God today. Find ways to constantly thank him for things that you normally take for granted and see what kind of day you can have!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment