Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Project Control - Day 9 - Control is just an illusion

Day 9 (02/03/15): Well, today was a pretty good day for control issues. Plenty of complacency as normal, but also great moments of being conscientious about things. Yeah!

I was thinking about a winter retreat coming up that a friend and I are speaking at. We have chosen the theme of "Control: the great illusion." Just think about it. There is NOTHING that we actually have control over. I don't have control when I drive (even my best can be wasted on a breaking car, ice, or someone else's car/driving). I don't have control over my health either. No matter what the fanatics say, anything can happen. (I admittedly have control over what I put in myself and I have that "control" but isn't the control people think it is.) People don't have control over their jobs. Ask anyone who lost their jobs after any of the historical recessions (or depressions) in this country. Ask people who lose their jobs when a specific industry slows down (mortgage industry, etc.)

I actually had this conversation with one of my co-workers today too. I know of someone whose family member thought they had the flu, when to the doctor (finally) was sent to the hospital and died that night.

Our own control is an illusion. So, why give control to a God who allows all the things i mentioned above to happen? Honestly? I trust him to know way better than I do. I trust that he is the center of the universe and not any one human being. Which means that when something seems terrible (and in that moment it really is) God isn't falling apart. He has a greater plan that works towards his honor and glory.

That's how we can say that when we are weak, then we are strong. Because it is NOT about me...or you...or the people I love or the things that are important to me. It's about God and his will. Allowing him to be in control allows me to be more productive in being a vessel that helps to fulfill his will. He doesn't need us, but he chooses to let us help. Like a parent who know that to have their child clean up the table means they'll probably have to fix it later and do more work that is necessary, but they let their child anyway so that they can grow and learn while still helping to clean the table.

Praise God for a loving, heavenly Father!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment