We were heading home from our trip today and we had a moment come up.
Pam was driving, we were all tired from a 4-day trip and a long day of driving, and suddenly the low fuel light came on. We were on I-35 in northern Iowa. If you know that stretch, you know that gas stations aren't coming up every few miles to say the least. So, Pam asked me to stop and pray. So, I stopped and prayed out loud.
I should have thought of this as a teaching moment for Maya K at least, but I didn't. I just thought that I hoped we would find a gas station. However, that isn't all that I prayed for. I prayed that we would, but that if we didn't that God would give us the grace and wisdom to get through the alternative.
Well, we found a gas station. Then we saw a rest stop across the street so we went over to let the girls get out and run. We still had another hour of driving to get home and knew they were as done with the trip as we were.
So, they got out and ran and had some great time getting stretched. We got back in the van and within 2 minutes it started raining. So, we THEN took advantage of a teaching moment....for ourselves and for Maya K.
We asked Maya K to pray and to thank God that we got to a gas station AND to thank God that it waited to rain so that the girls could play a little. It was something small and we hadn't asked for it, but it was an encouragement to us as the parents and good for the girls' spirits too!
So, we were reminded to A) thank God for answered prayer and B) to thank God for things we didn't even think to ask for!
To God be the glory.
Pam was driving, we were all tired from a 4-day trip and a long day of driving, and suddenly the low fuel light came on. We were on I-35 in northern Iowa. If you know that stretch, you know that gas stations aren't coming up every few miles to say the least. So, Pam asked me to stop and pray. So, I stopped and prayed out loud.
I should have thought of this as a teaching moment for Maya K at least, but I didn't. I just thought that I hoped we would find a gas station. However, that isn't all that I prayed for. I prayed that we would, but that if we didn't that God would give us the grace and wisdom to get through the alternative.
Well, we found a gas station. Then we saw a rest stop across the street so we went over to let the girls get out and run. We still had another hour of driving to get home and knew they were as done with the trip as we were.
So, they got out and ran and had some great time getting stretched. We got back in the van and within 2 minutes it started raining. So, we THEN took advantage of a teaching moment....for ourselves and for Maya K.
We asked Maya K to pray and to thank God that we got to a gas station AND to thank God that it waited to rain so that the girls could play a little. It was something small and we hadn't asked for it, but it was an encouragement to us as the parents and good for the girls' spirits too!
So, we were reminded to A) thank God for answered prayer and B) to thank God for things we didn't even think to ask for!
To God be the glory.
No comments:
Post a Comment