This is an excerpt from a devotional on Sunday night.
When we have a problem, who do we go to? Say we have an electrical problem.
I could go to my next door neighbor....because he is great at grilling.
I could go to my wife... because she's an awesome teacher.
I could go to my oldest daughter...because I love her very much and would do anything for her.
I could contact an electrician...because they are the experts in their field.
Now we need to ask ourselves, who is the real expert in life?
When we have a problem with people: the one who made those people.
When we have problems with my finances: the one who owns the cattle on a thousand hills...even if He isn't just going to give them to us! :o)
When we have a problem with sin issues: the one who died for those sins.
When there are problems in our churches: the bridegroom of the church.
ANY problem: the one who made us, loves us, and actually knows what is best for us, not just what we think is best.
The power of God. Do you believe that God has the power to help you in your time of need. Is He able to do everything we could think of, everything we can't think of, and exceedingly and abundantly more than we could ever ask for?? I believe He can.
So, if God is the expert, why doesn't our prayer life reflect that? If He is the expert, then why am I still depending on myself? Why am I seeking wise (even Godly) individuals before I go to God?? Look, the reality is that God places people into our lives to be a help to us. However, we should start with the expert and allow Him to decide how He is going to help rather than assuming who should be a delegate for His power, wisdom, and authority.
If we do not have a firm understanding of the power of God and if we don't remember it, our prayer lives will be non-existent.
Tomorrow we will look at the other half of the devotional and tie this together. There are two very important keys in having a healthy prayer life. Power and ....... (come back tomorrow!)
To God be the glory.
When we have a problem, who do we go to? Say we have an electrical problem.
I could go to my next door neighbor....because he is great at grilling.
I could go to my wife... because she's an awesome teacher.
I could go to my oldest daughter...because I love her very much and would do anything for her.
I could contact an electrician...because they are the experts in their field.
Now we need to ask ourselves, who is the real expert in life?
When we have a problem with people: the one who made those people.
When we have problems with my finances: the one who owns the cattle on a thousand hills...even if He isn't just going to give them to us! :o)
When we have a problem with sin issues: the one who died for those sins.
When there are problems in our churches: the bridegroom of the church.
ANY problem: the one who made us, loves us, and actually knows what is best for us, not just what we think is best.
The power of God. Do you believe that God has the power to help you in your time of need. Is He able to do everything we could think of, everything we can't think of, and exceedingly and abundantly more than we could ever ask for?? I believe He can.
So, if God is the expert, why doesn't our prayer life reflect that? If He is the expert, then why am I still depending on myself? Why am I seeking wise (even Godly) individuals before I go to God?? Look, the reality is that God places people into our lives to be a help to us. However, we should start with the expert and allow Him to decide how He is going to help rather than assuming who should be a delegate for His power, wisdom, and authority.
If we do not have a firm understanding of the power of God and if we don't remember it, our prayer lives will be non-existent.
Tomorrow we will look at the other half of the devotional and tie this together. There are two very important keys in having a healthy prayer life. Power and ....... (come back tomorrow!)
To God be the glory.
No comments:
Post a Comment