If you already have a consistent and meaningful prayer life, then please don't read this blog post. Just skip over it. If you know you don't, but you know you don't have the time (or for whatever other reason) then please don't read this blog post. Just skip over it.
Why? Because prayer....the prayer I'm talking about, is very personal and I don't want this to be a show or my own self-righteousness. I'm looking for a small, interested audience. Please feel free to read my posts as they come out. There will be several on prayer in the next few weeks and those can still, by God's grace, be an encouragement to you.
However, if you are interested in building a habit of purposeful, meaningful communication with your heavenly Father and you are looking for some encouragement and motivation, then let's talk.
Some of you may know that I did a project on "control" issues about a year and a half ago. I spent 30 days blogging about it. I just really can't do this the same way. This isn't something to talk about openly or to make public. I want to be an encouragement, but I don't want to be a hypocrite. So, what are you and I going to do? I'm going to intentionally spend time in prayer, alone and without distraction, for the next 40 days.
I have a list started and it has just 5 things on it. For now, I'm not going to grow it, but over the next 40 days it probably will grow. But that's not the point. The point is that I have things that are deeply important to me and I want to pray over them every single day. If the list grows, then so does my time in prayer.
If you are interested, then you can do this with me. Start a list of 5 things, not more, and pray over it every day. Don't do it in your car. Do it when you have nothing else on your mind and can really focus on it. Also, if you need someone to do this with you, then find someone you really trust and ask them to do it with you. Don't make a scene. The Bible is very clear about people who pray to be seen. However, accountability can be wonderfully helpful too.
So, there you go. After 40 days I'll find a non-intrusive way to wrap this up with a blog post. Until then I won't mention it, I'll just be posting about prayer each day as an encouragement (hopefully) and as a reminder to me and to you to take that time to pray.
God is good! And His love endures forever!
To God be the glory!
Why? Because prayer....the prayer I'm talking about, is very personal and I don't want this to be a show or my own self-righteousness. I'm looking for a small, interested audience. Please feel free to read my posts as they come out. There will be several on prayer in the next few weeks and those can still, by God's grace, be an encouragement to you.
However, if you are interested in building a habit of purposeful, meaningful communication with your heavenly Father and you are looking for some encouragement and motivation, then let's talk.
Some of you may know that I did a project on "control" issues about a year and a half ago. I spent 30 days blogging about it. I just really can't do this the same way. This isn't something to talk about openly or to make public. I want to be an encouragement, but I don't want to be a hypocrite. So, what are you and I going to do? I'm going to intentionally spend time in prayer, alone and without distraction, for the next 40 days.
I have a list started and it has just 5 things on it. For now, I'm not going to grow it, but over the next 40 days it probably will grow. But that's not the point. The point is that I have things that are deeply important to me and I want to pray over them every single day. If the list grows, then so does my time in prayer.
If you are interested, then you can do this with me. Start a list of 5 things, not more, and pray over it every day. Don't do it in your car. Do it when you have nothing else on your mind and can really focus on it. Also, if you need someone to do this with you, then find someone you really trust and ask them to do it with you. Don't make a scene. The Bible is very clear about people who pray to be seen. However, accountability can be wonderfully helpful too.
So, there you go. After 40 days I'll find a non-intrusive way to wrap this up with a blog post. Until then I won't mention it, I'll just be posting about prayer each day as an encouragement (hopefully) and as a reminder to me and to you to take that time to pray.
God is good! And His love endures forever!
To God be the glory!
No comments:
Post a Comment