Thursday, July 21, 2016

Prayer - days without crisis

Prayer. It's something we know we should do more of, yet something that many of us struggle to do. I know this is true simply because we have the label of "prayer warrior" for the wonderful people we know who do pray often. This title, and our reverence for it, assumes that there are NOT a lot of them.

So, here is something else I've noticed in my life. It is SO much easier to pray during times of stress/sorrow. This may go back to my post two days ago about God's power and thinking too much of myself and my abilities. In fact, I'm sure that plays a role in it, but I'm sure there is more to it than just that.

Anyway, the point is that those hard moments, when we finally realize our weakness and are prepared to ask God for help, are the moments when we are quickest to go to God.

But, what about a day like today. A day when nothing went wrong. When we didn't have any crisis. The children didn't cut anything or light anything on fire. Our car did all the traveling we asked it to do and we didn't have any issues. We enjoyed some time with family. No one got sick.... I mean, what do I have to pray about???

I can be thankful for how things didn't go wrong. I can pray for tomorrow. I can acknowledge God's sovereignty. I can pray over my prayer list and another missionary family. And so on and so forth. There is so much, but it is easy for me to forget anyway.

Hopefully you saw the folly in my statement "what do I have to pray about" and hopefully it was easy for you to spot it. But, is it as easy to spot it in the days when you don't take time to pray?

Victory doesn't come by accident. Let's be intentional about praying every day. Showing our gratitude and acknowledging who God is!!


To God be the glory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment