Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Prayer - God, God, God

I am glad that we worship a God who is loving, just, patient, and forgiving.

We also worship a God who is jealous (for the worship that He deserves), can be angered, and who does not allow sin to go unchecked. I'm glad for those things, but they are also scarier to me when they are pointed at me!

And yet.

And yet.

Prayer is communication. It is having a relationship with a God who loves me. Who loved me so much that, before I was born and knowing how sinful and rebellious I would be, He sent Jesus to die a cruel death so that my sins would be forgiven. That same God wants to talk to me and has encouraged me to do so.

And yet.

I know that God wants the best for me. I know that He knows what is best for me better than I do. I know that He wants me to pray about things and then trust Him with the results.

And yet.

I know that He is the creator of the universe and everything in it. That He has had ultimate victory over sin and death and we are just waiting for the time when He returns to take us home.

And yet.

And yet I still find it hard to get into a habit and lifestyle of praying. Is it just me, or should that be offensive to God. Shouldn't God be angry with me for slighting Him by ignoring His constant presence as often as I do? Thoughts??


To God be the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment