Buddhists pray. Those of the Hindu faith pray. Muslims pray. Catholics pray. Lutherans, Calvinists, Baptists, and most Evangelicals pray.
The Catholics pray to saints, confess to priests, and use prayers they have memorized.
Muslims pray five times a day. They base it on the positions of the sun (seems like complicated calculations to me).
According to Wikipedia (I know) the Eastern Orthodox use the term "worship" to refer to the activity of the church as a body offering up prayers to God and the term "prayer" refers to the "individual devotion traditions of the Orthodox."
This Hindus use mantras and pray to god as father, mother, and "everything."
So, pray isn't new and it isn't unique to those of an evangelical faith by any means. Admittedly, things are different between the religions. Who is being prayed to, sometimes how the prayers are done, etc. In fact, even with the broader Christian sphere, prayer is done differently. The differences between Orthodox, Catholic, and Evangelical are fairly profound in certain areas.
So, what about you? I know I don't pray 5 times a day. I know I don't regularly physically get on my knees. I know these things aren't required of me. However, I have open access to the god of the universe through the blood of His son. Do I take advantage of that or do I take it for granted? Do you?
To God be the glory!
The Catholics pray to saints, confess to priests, and use prayers they have memorized.
Muslims pray five times a day. They base it on the positions of the sun (seems like complicated calculations to me).
According to Wikipedia (I know) the Eastern Orthodox use the term "worship" to refer to the activity of the church as a body offering up prayers to God and the term "prayer" refers to the "individual devotion traditions of the Orthodox."
This Hindus use mantras and pray to god as father, mother, and "everything."
So, pray isn't new and it isn't unique to those of an evangelical faith by any means. Admittedly, things are different between the religions. Who is being prayed to, sometimes how the prayers are done, etc. In fact, even with the broader Christian sphere, prayer is done differently. The differences between Orthodox, Catholic, and Evangelical are fairly profound in certain areas.
So, what about you? I know I don't pray 5 times a day. I know I don't regularly physically get on my knees. I know these things aren't required of me. However, I have open access to the god of the universe through the blood of His son. Do I take advantage of that or do I take it for granted? Do you?
To God be the glory!
No comments:
Post a Comment