6 times that I can find in the New Testament, Jesus says, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear." Twice each in Matthew, Mark, and Luke. Yes, there is overlap so the number is a little lower for unique instances, but I love the phrase.
We see it after the parable of the sower, for example. What does it mean though??
I've never seen someone without ears!! I have only ever seen people with ears...but "ears to hear" is a different thing.
I am in fact often guilty of this. I have ears "for decoration" but not for hearing. I have a tongue for talking and ears for decoration. It's a terrible problem. No, ears are for hearing but hearing truth from Jesus Christ is especially important. Are our ears open to hear the truth or are we too busy with our own things to hear it? Are we too busy listening to the world and its offers of happiness, contentment, etc. that we can't hear the truth of Jesus Christ?
He who has ears to hear, let him hear!!!
To God be the glory!
We see it after the parable of the sower, for example. What does it mean though??
I've never seen someone without ears!! I have only ever seen people with ears...but "ears to hear" is a different thing.
I am in fact often guilty of this. I have ears "for decoration" but not for hearing. I have a tongue for talking and ears for decoration. It's a terrible problem. No, ears are for hearing but hearing truth from Jesus Christ is especially important. Are our ears open to hear the truth or are we too busy with our own things to hear it? Are we too busy listening to the world and its offers of happiness, contentment, etc. that we can't hear the truth of Jesus Christ?
He who has ears to hear, let him hear!!!
To God be the glory!
No comments:
Post a Comment