Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Who else is my neighbor?

This was just an ironic thought I had today. I got home from work and was spending a few minutes on my computer before dinner. My wife came upstairs to say that we had a strange request from the neighbor boys. The youngest (5) and the oldest (17?) were asking for a ride to an elementary school near us. She was working on dinner and wanted to know if I was willing to give them a ride.

Sure...no problem.

After I took them and was heading home I had the thought "who is my neighbor?" pop into my head. It was kind of ironic. In my thinking about who my neighbor is in the last last while I have been focusing on people who need help but who don't physically live as our "neighbor."

...and I almost forgot out the neighbors who actually DO live on my street.

Praise God for reminders that all the people I see are my neighbors and people I need to love .Whether it is convenient or not is irrelevant.


To God be the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment