Monday, May 4, 2015

Fighting the Holy Spirit

What do you do when you read a passage of Scripture and you go "uh oh!"?

What do you do when the Holy Spirit has helped you identify a problem and you baulk at having to go through with it? What do you do?

What do you do when you can't bring yourself to read your Bible or pray deeply and meaningfully because you know there is an issue you are not facing?

"Well Nate, then you get over yourself and deal with the sin!!! Obviously."

To that, I say, "Is it really obvious?" What if it's your family? What if it is the dreams you have for your children? What if you are aware of the fact that giving those things to God doesn't mean that you will have to give them up, but that you are aware that you may have to give them up?

We know better, right? We are good Christians who have it all together, right? Well, maybe we don't have it ALL together. However, we KNOW that we are responsible for what we know, right? So, we know that idolatry is wrong, that the Holy Spirit wants to help us grow and mature in our Christian life, and that God always (ALWAYS) wants what is best for us. Which means that if it is different than what we want...it will be better...right?

What if I want my children to grow up with a yard, and room to grow and play, and be able to go to dance/gymnastics/whatever? What IF that's not what God wants and I'm scared to let the ideas go? What if I'm so scared to do it that I am paralyzed in spiritual life/walk and don't know how to get through it? ....well, I do know how to get through but I don't know if I can/will. What then?

No comments:

Post a Comment