Thursday, January 29, 2015

Project Control - day 4 - God is near me!

01/28/15 PM - can I be honest? My thought tonight was "How am I going to keep coming up with things for the next 30 days??" :o) Then I reassured myself that since this is about me giving God control of my life, I'm not going to worry about the topics each day and just let them come. Praise God for little lessons even as I work on this project!


Day 4 (01/29/15) AM: Well, I decided I'd move forward in the Philippians 4:4-9 passage today. Just to see what else fits the control thing. To be honest with you, though, I really struggled with remembering to glorify (and even think of) God throughout my day yesterday. So, this will be really light because the idea of glorifying God in whatever I say or do wasn't in my mind enough and I want to focus on it again.

What I love is the last part of verse 5. It says "the Lord is at hand;" The key here is the semi-colon instead of a period. So, the next portion until you find another period is all tied to the idea that God is close to us and "at hand." So, that includes; do not be anxious about anything, but instead of being anxious, with the tools of prayer and supplication (asking or begging), while being thankful, let God know what your requests are. What's cool about that?? Well, we can let God know about our requests by praying (and begging) and we can do it with a thankful heart because he is right HERE. Next to me. next to you. As a Christian; inside of you. Amen to that!!!

Day 4 (01/29/15) PM: Well, I had a breakthrough today that was really great. I had a moment when I was washing my hands (getting sticky apple juice off...go figure) and I remembered this project. I then took a few minutes and thought about how I could rejoice in the Lord, ways I could focus on giving God glory in my day, and how to remember that the Lord is at hand. It wasn't much, but it was a great little way to practically apply everything I've been typing about the last 4 days. Praise God for improvement! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment