Day 0 (01/25/15): Let's be honest. I have no idea what I'm doing here. I mean, it's not like I'm going to go around blindfolded and say "God, lead me" and expect good things to happen. So, I did a Google search for "practical application giving God control." I found an article that was helpful and it pointed me to two verses that I looked up as well. Phil 2:12-13 - it's time to obey but to also remember that it is God (in his time and his way) who works in me to will and to do for his good pleasure.
I also asked Pam what she thought. We together got to a couple things. You don't use it as a cop-out like "I'm late for work because God made me late because he's in control." Allowing God to be in control should give us peace as unexpected things happen. Instead of trying to micro-manage and force my plans to happen at any cost (speeding/breaking a law when I'm late) I recognize that God is in control and adjust as best I can without being unethical. So, a broad summary would be that if the Bible say to do or to not do (or think, etc.) something, then there is no circumstance or excuse for doing the opposite. Allowing God to control my life is obeying what God has told me to do. At least, that's one piece. Alright.
For whatever reason, I really like 2 Peter 1:3-11 It was a very nice succinct way of talking through the way our lives should look. It's a great passage. Check it out here.
I also asked Pam what she thought. We together got to a couple things. You don't use it as a cop-out like "I'm late for work because God made me late because he's in control." Allowing God to be in control should give us peace as unexpected things happen. Instead of trying to micro-manage and force my plans to happen at any cost (speeding/breaking a law when I'm late) I recognize that God is in control and adjust as best I can without being unethical. So, a broad summary would be that if the Bible say to do or to not do (or think, etc.) something, then there is no circumstance or excuse for doing the opposite. Allowing God to control my life is obeying what God has told me to do. At least, that's one piece. Alright.
For whatever reason, I really like 2 Peter 1:3-11 It was a very nice succinct way of talking through the way our lives should look. It's a great passage. Check it out here.
No comments:
Post a Comment