Sunday, January 25, 2015

A control freak...surrenders control - conclusion (or is it)

Well, you didn't expect the control freak series to go on forever did you? Well, it ends today...or, in a month...but you won't know until then so it'll be "today" for you!

I had one plan and I'm changing it. I was going to do this for 30 days and then post it. I realized two problems with that. I'm REALLY wordy (so it would be REALLY long) and I feel like that would allow me to back out with no consequences and no one would ever know. So, I'm going to post this ever day as best as I can. Let's see how this goes.

Today is January 25th, 2015. It is 8:22 PM CST. I have wrestled with control and constantly confessed that before God and others. Yet, I've never really done anything about it. What good is it to know the truth and yet not do anything about it. "I know this drink is poisoned, but I will not act on that truth and I will drink it anyway!" That's ridiculous.

"God. I know that I owe everything to you. Your word is clear that I will be happier, more at peace, and more useful for you if I allow you to be in control of my life. I am a control freak and I admit that it scares me to even do what I'm about to do because I know what it means. It means a lifetime of fighting and struggling against my natural tendency. I know I won't be perfect, but God, I am weak and I am asking that you will make me strong because of it. May my giving you control of my life be the reason that 'they glorified God because of me.' Let it be so (Amen)"

OK, here is the deal. My goal is to simply live my days with an intentional goal to allow God to have control of my life. I don't really know what to expect here except that I expect God to work mightily through this. Let's be honest, the Bible is either true or it isn't. I believe that it is true and therefore, this should be a great experiment. So, let's learn together. Over the next month I hope you'll be challenged to give God control of your life and I also pray that I will be able to quote Galatians 1:24 and say that when people look at my life "they glorified God because of me."

No comments:

Post a Comment