Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Project control - Day 2

Welcome to day two! We made it!!! What a great accomplishment....Ok. I'm done! :o)


Day 1.5: So, after posting last night, we had a crazy night at home. First, I found myself focused on some work and, instead of engaging my daughter, I allowed myself to be very frustrated with her and short with her. Why? Because she wasn't doing exactly what I wanted and when I wanted it. Yup, allowing God to control me....FAIL! However, thanks to this project, I was aware of what I was doing and I specifically apologized and asked her to forgive me.
THEN, just before she was ready to go to bed...the world ended. It started as disrespect and arguing and it ended with multiple lies and not going to bed for almost an hour. However, God really did give me the patience I needed to not HAVE to be in control. I was able to respond calmly, to weigh whether something was bothering me due to my need for control or as an actual disobedience that needed handled, and, some healthy discipline later, she went to bed in a good mood!! Yeah for letting God be in control....SUCCESS!!!


Day 2 (01/27/15): What a night last night and talk about wanting to be in control. A long stretch of Maya K coughing and hacking that kept us awake. Then Layla sleeping really well until about 5 AM...and then screaming for most of the next hour (though not all) so that we didn't sleep again. If I ever wanted to be able to control my world it would be now.
So, I have been reflecting this morning on Phil 4:4 and wondered, how do I rejoice in the Lord with a night like last night? Well, I remember that I have two beautiful daughters. Many families don't have biological children and don't take the route of adoption. I can rejoice because God has worked in our family in a very specific way. I have a wonderful wife who got up with the girls in the night. I just had to lay there annoyed.. She had to get up and show them acts of love while feeling annoyed too. I have a home to sleep in where I feel safe and can sleep and rest when the girls are sleeping and resting. I am SO blessed and one night (or one night out of every 2.5 as the case may be) of less sleep shouldn't kill me. But, even if it did, I wouldn't trade what we have. I am rejoicing in the Lord and his blessings this morning. How about you? Comment below (or on Facebook) and tell me how you are rejoicing in the Lord today!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment