The flip side to last time is that the rest of the chapter goes on talk about how God has elevated man(kind) above his creations.
things God did to/for mankind:
...made a little lower than the angels (depending on your version).
...crowned him with glory and honor.
...gave him dominion over the works of God's hands.
...then the chapter goes on to list some specifics that God has placed under mankind.
My thought when I read this is "how amazing that God chose mankind for this instead of....say....gorillas or Elephants" and then "wow...man has not really been a good steward of this gift throughout history" and, lastly, "am I being a good steward today?"
Yeah, I know. crazy thoughts, but if you've read many of blogs then you aren't surprised. I keep going back to "global warming" and hunting, etc., etc. Those hot topics that tend to polarize people. Me personally? I think there needs to be balance. I believe the Bible is truth and shows us that we are indeed over these created things, but "with great power comes great responsibility" and we have a responsibility not to abuse God's creations!
It's funny. When Pam and I were dating and we would discuss some issue about our beliefs or dating or whatever, Pam would often come back to "balance" as her key word. :o) It has definitely grown on me over the years!!!
To God be the glory!!
things God did to/for mankind:
...made a little lower than the angels (depending on your version).
...crowned him with glory and honor.
...gave him dominion over the works of God's hands.
...then the chapter goes on to list some specifics that God has placed under mankind.
My thought when I read this is "how amazing that God chose mankind for this instead of....say....gorillas or Elephants" and then "wow...man has not really been a good steward of this gift throughout history" and, lastly, "am I being a good steward today?"
Yeah, I know. crazy thoughts, but if you've read many of blogs then you aren't surprised. I keep going back to "global warming" and hunting, etc., etc. Those hot topics that tend to polarize people. Me personally? I think there needs to be balance. I believe the Bible is truth and shows us that we are indeed over these created things, but "with great power comes great responsibility" and we have a responsibility not to abuse God's creations!
It's funny. When Pam and I were dating and we would discuss some issue about our beliefs or dating or whatever, Pam would often come back to "balance" as her key word. :o) It has definitely grown on me over the years!!!
To God be the glory!!
No comments:
Post a Comment