"The turning point in our Christian lives comes when we begin to 'let God be God,' the day we throw all fear to the winds and look to Him to carry out His purpose for us in His own time and way." - Miles Stanford
So, we must ask ourselves: who is God? Is it me? Am I the God of my universe? Even, just my own life? Because I know that I often act like I am the God of my life and my family. I have plans for my family and, while I want to have God's blessing, I'm only willing to see if my plans match His plans IF His plans match my plans....otherwise I'm not sure I want to know.
If I am not God (which we all know I'm not) then what am I doing? Well, I'm trying to put the plans of a created being (me) before the plans of the creator who was never created (God). I am putting the plans of a finite, imperfect, stuck in one moment of time with tunnel vision before an infinite, perfect, timeless God who has plans that cover the scope of all mankind in all times and not just my little moment of life.
God loves us and God desires what is best for us. That often won't connect with our own selfish desires because either the timing is off or the desires are off. However, if we allow God to work in His way and in His time, we will find that it is better in the end than the best dreams we ever had for ourselves: different, but better!
To God be the glory.
So, we must ask ourselves: who is God? Is it me? Am I the God of my universe? Even, just my own life? Because I know that I often act like I am the God of my life and my family. I have plans for my family and, while I want to have God's blessing, I'm only willing to see if my plans match His plans IF His plans match my plans....otherwise I'm not sure I want to know.
If I am not God (which we all know I'm not) then what am I doing? Well, I'm trying to put the plans of a created being (me) before the plans of the creator who was never created (God). I am putting the plans of a finite, imperfect, stuck in one moment of time with tunnel vision before an infinite, perfect, timeless God who has plans that cover the scope of all mankind in all times and not just my little moment of life.
God loves us and God desires what is best for us. That often won't connect with our own selfish desires because either the timing is off or the desires are off. However, if we allow God to work in His way and in His time, we will find that it is better in the end than the best dreams we ever had for ourselves: different, but better!
To God be the glory.
No comments:
Post a Comment