I've been studying for my next lesson at church this last Sunday evening. Church History - part 6. This covered the Protestant Reformation at large. Obviously it was very sweeping and we had to skip some great details because I had about 40 minutes to cover the Protestant Reformation and the Catholic Reformation (or counter-reformation). Needless to say, I got through the Reformation only. We'll cover the counter-reformation next time.
Still, it's been fun to study and learn. I'm learning about the Tudors and the House of Stuart. What drama..... no wonder so many shows have been made about these folks. there is a plethora of drama to be had in the stories of Henry VIII and he kin.
I learned that when Christopher Columbus set sail, Martin Luther was 8 years old.
I learned that when Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses, John Calvin was a 9 year old.
I learned that the Puritans rebelled against the Anglican Church (not the Catholic church) and ultimately committed regicide (murder of a king). No wonder they eventually had to flee to the New World.
Yet, I also learned that Martin Luther referred to the Psalms as "The Bible within the Bible." How beautiful is that? And it is entirely true. In fact, I was trying to find one Psalm (Psalm 46) and I accidentally found Psalm 34...and it was JUST as amazing!!!
How great to have God's Word and find such comfort and peace in its pages!!
To God be the glory!!
Still, it's been fun to study and learn. I'm learning about the Tudors and the House of Stuart. What drama..... no wonder so many shows have been made about these folks. there is a plethora of drama to be had in the stories of Henry VIII and he kin.
I learned that when Christopher Columbus set sail, Martin Luther was 8 years old.
I learned that when Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses, John Calvin was a 9 year old.
I learned that the Puritans rebelled against the Anglican Church (not the Catholic church) and ultimately committed regicide (murder of a king). No wonder they eventually had to flee to the New World.
Yet, I also learned that Martin Luther referred to the Psalms as "The Bible within the Bible." How beautiful is that? And it is entirely true. In fact, I was trying to find one Psalm (Psalm 46) and I accidentally found Psalm 34...and it was JUST as amazing!!!
How great to have God's Word and find such comfort and peace in its pages!!
To God be the glory!!
No comments:
Post a Comment